- QTTabBar is a shell extension for the standard File Explorer (a.k.a. “Windows Explorer” in Windows 7 or earlier)
- It adds tabs to File Explorer with many other customizable functions and features.
- To activate, after installing:
- Open File Explorer
- Click on the “View” tab, then the “Options” drop-down menu.
- Select “QTTabBar” to enable the add-in for the Explorer.
- To access the QTTabBar Options, right-click the + tab.
Save the current tabs, so they open the next time File Explorer is launched
- Open tabs to the locations you want to save
- Right-click the empty space to the right of any existing tabs
- Then click Groups > Create a Group from All Tabs
- Top tech tip: how to make file explorer more usable with QTTabBar
- I tested QTTabBar in Windows 11 and it works!
- File manager
- Two file windows side by side
- Tabbed interface, regular expressions, history+favorites buttons
- 10 Features of the BEST Windows File Manager = TOTAL COMMANDER + install review
- Files is a file manager for Windows with features like multiple tabs, panes, columns, shell extensions in the context menu and tags.
- Allows you to easily rename files and directories.
- Replace numbers, insert strings, convert case, add auto-numbers, process directories and sub-directories, and more.
- How to rename multiple files at once on Mac
- Allway Sync uses innovative synchronization algorithms to synchronize your data between desktop PCs, laptops, USB drives, remote FTP/SFTP and WebDAV servers, various online data storage.
- VeraCrypt is a free open source disk encryption software for Windows, Mac OSX and Linux.
AOMEI Partition Assistant Standard (FreeWare)
- Works with Windows 10 full drive encryption.
- Create bootable USB drives from ISO images of CD/DVD discs.
- Can be used to create a live bootable “Windows to Go” USB Flash Drive on Windows 10 Professional.
- FreeDOS is built in. Nothing else needed to create a bootable FreeDOS USB Flash Drive.
- UEFI: When using GPT UEFI:NTFS format/bootloader, to boot from the media, you must disable disable Secure Boot.
- It can be used to create a Multiboot USB Flash Drive containing multiple operating systems, antivirus utilities, disc cloning, diagnostic tools, and more.
- Contrary to MultiBootISOs which used grub to boot ISO files directly from USB, YUMI uses syslinux to boot extracted distributions stored on the USB device.
- An easy-to-use utility for creating Multiboot USB/ISO.
- You may have seen many bootable ISO files like Linux live CDs , Antivirus rescue CDs etc. XBoot can combine these ISO files in to one Multiboot ISO file or create Multiboot USB in just few clicks.
RG Adguard – Download Windows ISO’s – RG Adguard generates links which point to Microsoft servers
- Use the Microsoft Windows and Office ISO Download Tool to download ISO’s directly from Microsoft’s servers.
- The Windows 10 ISO gotten from with this tool is better than the one created via Microsoft’s Media Creation Tool, as it includes “install.wim” which can be used to deploy Windows 10.
- Lets you create an image of a bootable USB flash drive, then create a bootable USB flash drive from that image.
- Warning: Due to the forensic nature of image duplication by ImageUSB, please ensure that you select UFDs with a storage size similar to the image you wish to duplicate. For example, if a 2GB image is copied to an 8GB USB Flash Drive, the drive will only be able to use two out of the eight gigabytes of storage space.
- A lightweight CD / DVD / HD DVD / Blu-ray burning application.
- Supports a wide range of image file formats – including BIN, DI, DVD, GI, IMG, ISO, MDS, NRG and PDI.
- Standard is FREE disk partition management software.
Operating System Scan/Verification Tools
- Scan your system
- Type “mrt” at the Command Prompt
System File Checker (SFC)
- Type “sfc /scannow” at the Command Prompt
- – Using System File Checker in Windows 10
- – Use the System File Checker tool to repair missing or corrupted system files
PuTTY: a free SSH and Telnet client
- SuperPuTTY is a windows based application which manages PuTTY ssh terminals.
- Multiple PuTTY ssh session in tabs.
- Save connection for multiple sessions, which can then be organized into folders.
Multimedia, Graphics, Audio
- Use Spek to determine the real bit rate of audio files.
- fre:ac is a free audio converter and CD ripper for various formats and encoders.
- It features MP3, MP4/M4A, WMA, Ogg Vorbis, FLAC, AAC, and Bonk format support, integrates freedb/CDDB, CDText and ID3v2 tagging and is available in several languages.