- Backup procedures and utilities
- NAS (Network Attached Storage)
- Synchronizing Data
- Drive Encryption
- QTTabBar is a shell extension for the standard File Explorer (a.k.a. “Windows Explorer” in Windows 7 or earlier)
- It adds tabs to File Explorer with many other customizable functions and features.
- To activate, after installing:
- Open File Explorer
- Click on the “View” tab, then the “Options” drop-down menu.
- Select “QTTabBar” to enable the add-in for the Explorer.
- To access the QTTabBar Options, right-click the + tab.
Save the current tabs, so they open the next time File Explorer is launched
- Open tabs to the locations you want to save
- Right-click the empty space to the right of any existing tabs
- Then click Groups > Create a Group from All Tabs
- Top tech tip: how to make file explorer more usable with QTTabBar
- I tested QTTabBar in Windows 11 and it works!
- File manager
- Two file windows side by side
- Tabbed interface, regular expressions, history+favorites buttons
- 10 Features of the BEST Windows File Manager = TOTAL COMMANDER + install review
- Files is a file manager for Windows with features like multiple tabs, panes, columns, shell extensions in the context menu and tags.
- Allows you to easily rename files and directories.
- Replace numbers, insert strings, convert case, add auto-numbers, process directories and sub-directories, and more.
- How to rename multiple files at once on Mac
Operating System Scan/Verification Tools
- Scan your system
MRT (Malicious Software Removal Tool)
- Type “mrt” at the Command Prompt
System File Checker (SFC)
- Type “sfc /scannow” at the Command Prompt
- – Using System File Checker in Windows 10
- – Use the System File Checker tool to repair missing or corrupted system files
PuTTY: a free SSH and Telnet client
- SuperPuTTY is a windows based application which manages PuTTY ssh terminals.
- Multiple PuTTY ssh session in tabs.
- Save connection for multiple sessions, which can then be organized into folders.
Live Recovery/Diagnostic OS and AntiVirus Media
Multimedia, Graphics, Audio
Spek – Acoustic Spectrum Analyser
- Use Spek to determine the real bit rate of audio files.
- fre:ac is a free audio converter and CD ripper for various formats and encoders.
- It features MP3, MP4/M4A, WMA, Ogg Vorbis, FLAC, AAC, and Bonk format support, integrates freedb/CDDB, CDText and ID3v2 tagging and is available in several languages.