- What is the Principle of Least Privilege (PLP)?
- Why You Should Not Run as an Administrator or Root User
HTTPS SSL TLS
- Here’s Why Your Static Website Needs HTTPS by Troy Hunt
- HTTPS Is Easy!
- Let’s Encrypt is a free, automated, and open Certificate Authority brought to you by the non-profit Internet Security Research Group (ISRG).
- What Is HTTPS, and Why Should I Care? by Chris Hoffman
- HTTPS and Privacy by Jacob Baytelman
- SSL Server Test: This free online service performs a deep analysis of the configuration of any SSL web server on the public Internet.
Training / Certifications
- Cybrary – Free IT & Security Training
- Cisco CCNA Cyber Ops Certification
- GIAC Cyber Security Certifications
- Established to serve as a one stop sites for access to the latest resources on information security as well as measures and best practices for the prevention of cyber crimes.
Scams / Fraud
- Fraud.org is a project of the National Consumers League (NCL), a nonprofit advocacy organization based in Washington, DC.
- List of Fake Job Scam Examples: Classic Scams You Should Learn to Avoid by Alison Doyle (TheBalanceCareers.com)
- Fake Check Scams (Fraud.org)
- Where to find more information on elder financial vulnerability by Eliza Mills and Sasa Woodruff (MarketPlace.org)
- Federal Trade Commission information on how to avoid tech support scam
- FTC information on gift card scams
- Consumer Financial Protection Bureau’s resource guide for older adults
- Download the CFPB’s Identity Protection Guide
- Stanford Center on Longevity toolkit
- Wayne State University Institute of Gerontology; the institute’s Older Adult Nest Egg helps professionals review financial decisions to identify and protect seniors vulnerable to fraud
- Federal Communications Commission Consumer Complaint Center
- FTC Consumer Sentinel HelpLine: 877-701-9595
- Federal Bureau of Investigation Internet Crime Complaint Center FBI: 800-CALL-FBI
- You can also report fraudulent activity to your state attorney general
- FINRA’s Financial Literacy Quiz
- National Center on Elder Abuse
- U.S. Senate Special Committee on Aging fraud hotline
- ElderAbuse.org, research and education umbrella organization dedicated to fighting abuse
- Better Business Bureau Scam Tracker
- Find your local Adult Protective Services
- AARP’s Fraud Watch Network 877-908-3360
- AARP scam updates newsletter
- State Bar Associations may be able to connect you with pro bono legal services
- “It Happened to Dad”: A presentation by Missouri resident Chad Schrieber, whose father was targeted by multiple fraudsters