VPN (Virtual Private Network)
The Best VPN Service By David Huerta and Yael Grauer
VPN Testing Reveals Poor Privacy and Security Practices, Hyperbolic Claims by Consumer Reports
Security and Privacy of VPNs Running on Windows 10 by Consumer Reports (PDF)
- Brave Browser – Secure, Fast & Private Web Browser with Adblocker
- privacytools.io provides knowledge and tools to protect your privacy against global mass surveillance.
- Panopticlick will analyze how well your browser and add-ons protect you against online tracking techniques.
- IP/DNS Detect – What is your IP, what is your DNS, what information is sent to websites?
- DNS Leak Test – When using an anonymity or privacy service, it is extremely important that all traffic originating from your computer is routed through the anonymity network. If any traffic leaks outside of the secure connection to the network, any adversary monitoring your traffic will be able to log your activity.
- DNS Nameserver Spoofability Test: Can you trust your Domain Name Servers?
- The default behavior of uBlock Origin when newly installed is to block ads, trackers and malware sites — through EasyList, EasyPrivacy, Peter Lowe’s ad/tracking/malware servers, various lists of malware sites, and uBlock Origin’s own filter lists.
- Add-on’s: Mozilla Firefox ~ Google Chrome
- Security Now 523: uBlock Origin Features
- Easily protect yourself from widget jacking
- Security Now 386 (Widget Jacking: ~1:02:35)
- As NoScript requires user interaction to train it, you may want to do the following:
- Install uBlock Origin
- Install NoScript
- Go into Add-ons Manager > Extensions
- Disable NoScript, but, choose “No, just stop blocking scripts” when you see the Security Downgrade Warning.