WordPress Upgrade Warning!!!!!
- If you’re running a version of WordPress lower than v5.0, make absolutely certain that your Web host is running PHP v5.6, or newer, before upgrading to WordPress v5.x.
- Make sure to do a full offline backup of your site, including the database and configuration files, before upgrading to WordPress v5.x.
- After upgrading to WordPress 5.x, make sure to also upgrade to PHP v7.3 or newer.
Make sure to update all themes, plugins, and of course, the WordPress core regularly. You should check for updates at least, once per week. Wordfence can be configured to send you e-mails when it detects that updates are available.
- Giving Administrative Access to your WordPress site (Chin)
- How to increase security while developing a WordPress site by wmullins
- Roles and Capabilities (WordPress Codex)
- WordPress User Roles 101: What They Are and How to Use Them (themeisle.com)
- WordPress Security: The Ultimate 32-Step Checklist (wpmudev.org)
- What Is Xmlrpc.php in WordPress and Why You Should Disable It
- Hardening WordPress
- Wordfence – Security Plugin For WordPress
- WordPress Security: 24 Simple Tricks to Secure Your WordPress Website (CodinWP.com)
- WPS Hide Login by WPServeur, NicolasKulka, tabrisrp
- The Ultimate WordPress Guide For Beginners [ShoutMeLoud.com]
- Ultimate Guide to Custom Post Types in WordPress
- Introduction to WordPress Web Development – Absolute Beginners by ( Know the Code )
- How to Set Up Bookable Services with Easy Digital Downloads
- Free WordPress Video Course for Beginners and Beyond (JoyOfWP.com)
Workshops & Conferences
- WordCamp – NYC 2019, NYC 2018
- WordPress NYC Meetup Group
WordPress Support & Configuration
- 10 Most Common WordPress Errors (With Solutions) By Kay Tan
- So Your WordPress Site Just Got Hacked, Now What? by Nick Schäferhoff
- Generate new SALTs (Secret Keys)
- Giving WordPress Its Own Directory
- Making Your WordPress Blog Look Like it’s in the Root Directory while Keeping it in it’s Own Directory
- How To Prevent Image Hotlinking In WordPress (3 Working Methods)
- Fixing WordPress Forum | WordPress.org
- GeneratePress Review – Best WordPress Theme I’ve Found in 10 Years by Brian Jackson
Important! The backup process is not complete until, you’ve successfully completed a restore, and verified that all of the data and parameters were correctly restored.
- All-in-One WP Migration by ServMask
This plugin exports your WordPress website including the database, media files, plugins and themes.
- The community version is limited to 512MB for imports.
- To import backups, that are less than 512MB, use the All-in-One WP Migration File Extension, as some hosts limit the size of uploads, and the File Extension splits the file into chunks to get around file size limitations.
- To import backups that are larger than 512MB you’ll need the All-in-One WP Migration Unlimited Extension for $64 (Lifetime license with lifetime updates).
- UpdraftPlus – Backup/Restore by UpdraftPlus.Com, DavidAnderson
Page Builders, Blocks, Layouts
- Elementor Page Builder
- Beaver Builder
- TablePress allows you to create and manage tables in the admin area of WordPress. Tables may contain text, numbers and even HTML (e.g. to include images or links). You can then show the tables in your posts, on your pages, or in text widgets by using a Shortcode. If you want to show your tables anywhere else in your theme, you can use a Template Tag function.
- Wordfence – Security Plugin For WordPress
- Broken Link Checker By Janis Elsts, Vladimir Prelovac
- WordPress Media Library Folders by Max Foundry
- Better Search Replace By Delicious Brain
- Super Socializer by Team Heateor
“Gutenberg” is the codename for the new WordPress editor focus. The goal of this focus is to create a new post and page editing experience that makes it easy for anyone to create rich post layouts.
Gutenberg has replaced the TinyMCE editor with the release of WordPress 5.0 on 2018-12-07.
- Go Gutenberg: Learn the new WordPress editor
- How To Use The WordPress Gutenberg Editor – A Complete Guide For Beginners [ShoutMeLoud.com]
- Diving Into the New Gutenberg WordPress Editor (Pros and Cons) [kinsta.com]
- Gutenberg Support
- Beaver Builder vs Gutenberg: A Case Study
Poopy.life – Create a temporary (24hr) fully functional WordPress Web site.
- Learning Gutenberg: A Primer with create-guten-block (css-tricks.com)
- Building Gutenberg Blocks With create-guten-block (code.tutsplus.com)
Determine which WordPress theme & WordPress plugins a Web site is running:
- 7 Best WordPress Backup Plugins Compared (Pros and Cons)
- How To Make a WordPress Database Backup Manually