- ‘I Love My Skin!’ Why Black Parents Are Turning to Afrocentric Schools
- Seneca Village Montessori School is an African centered preschool built on the Montessori philosophy that strives to nourish the mind, body and spirit of its students.
- Cambria Center for the Gifted Child (CCGC) is a private non-sectarian educational institution with an annual enrollment of approximately 300 students from pre-k through 5th grade.
- Little Maroons Childcare Cooperative is a support system to home school families and early childhood educators located in Brooklyn, NY.
- Ifetayo Cultural Arts Program (CAP) offers African-centered, multi-disciplinary arts & cultural education, and wrap-around supports for the whole family.
- Ubuntu Kidz Art Boxes by Keys to Ubuntu are bi-weekly activity boxes filled with all the materials needed for guided, but open ended art + creativity. Each box includes child friendly instructions and parent friendly ideas. Each week offers a different material, themed to keep your little ones engaged and creative.
- Afrikan Kulcha School is a 501c(3) African-Centered community-based school located in Orlando, Florida. Which provides cultural education for students in the community to promote confident, self-directed learners and leaders. Their focus is Afrikan culture, history, and entrepreneurship.
Black History & Books
- IndigiBookz serves the global community of Black, African, Caribbean, Latino, Melanated People of Colour as a source and supplier of Indigenous literature. IndigiBookz was founded on the principles of giving back and supporting those that are assisting the empowerment of society. In a bid to do as much as possible, IndigiBookz pledges 20% of the monthly profit to various charities, foundations, institutes and projects such as iHeartAfrica.
- Association for the Study of African American Life and History (ASALH) – Established on September 9, 1915 by Dr. Carter G. Woodson, the Founder of Black History Month.
Additional Educational Resources
- Protecting Your Accounts and Identity from Theft
- Young Royalty Chess Academy, uses chess as a means to teach higher-level reasoning through the fun and tangible game of chess.
- Young Royalty Chess Academy works with youth five years old and up, and also with adults and seniors who wish to either learn chess or sharpen their cognitive abilities.
- In addition to chess lessons, YRCA offers networking events, critical thinking events, demonstrational presentations, youth engagement lectures, and children engagement activities.
- Learn to Program / Code, regardless of the path a child chooses to take, is crucial. Coding teaches children how to think, not what to think.