This page lists Web sites, documentaries, articles, and experts that cover the Environment, Oceans, Conservation, Farming, Gardening, and Climate Change.
Climate Change / Climate Emergency
- 9 Ways Veganism Is Helping the Planet (globalcitizen.org)
- Meat And Agriculture Are Worse For The Climate Than Power Generation, Steven Chu Says by Jeff McMahon (Forbes.com)
- At What Point Should You Start Really Freaking Out About Climate Change? Right Now (Time.com)
- Why It’s Misleading To Say We Only Have 12 Years To Avert Dangerous Climate Change (Forbes.com)
- The Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change
- 350.org is building a global grassroots movement to fight climate change and win a just, #FossilFree future for all of us. #RiseForClimate
- This Changes Everything: Capitalism vs the Climate by Naomi Klein – review
- Mission Blue inspires action to explore and protect the ocean. Led by legendary oceanographer Dr. Sylvia Earle, Mission Blue is uniting a global coalition to inspire an upwelling of public awareness, access and support for a worldwide network of marine protected areas – Hope Spots.
- Chasing Ice is the story of one man’s mission to change the tide of history by gathering undeniable evidence of our changing planet.
- With a band of young adventurers in tow, Balog began deploying revolutionary time-lapse cameras across the brutal Arctic to capture a multi-year record of the world’s changing glaciers.
- The Extreme Ice Survey
- Coral reefs around the world are vanishing at an unprecedented rate. A team of divers, photographers and scientists set out on a thrilling ocean adventure to discover why and to reveal the underwater mystery to the world.
- This elusive story may be out of sight and out of mind, but the solutions exist all around us. There’s an impact campaign to ensure the loss of our reefs does not go unnoticed and to support communities in using the film to grow these local solutions.
- We are living in exceptional times. Scientists tell us that we have 10 years to change the way we live, to avert the depletion of natural resources and the catastrophic evolution of the Earth’s climate.
Cowspiracy: The Sustainability Secret
- This movie, backed by Leo DiCaprio, follows intrepid filmmaker Kip Andersen as he uncovers the most destructive industry facing the planet today – animal agriculture.
- The facts about the impact of animal agriculture on: Climate Change, Water Use, Deforestation, Waste, Species Extinction, Fisheries, Land Use.
- Watch on NetFlix: Cowspiracy
Planet Ocean is an international documentary directed by Yann Arthus-Bertrand and Michael Pitiot.
- Can we imagine a film that would change the way people look at the ocean? Can we explain simply, to everyone, the greatest natural mystery of our planet? And lastly, can we help our children believe in a better and more sustainable world tomorrow?
- It has won “Best Cinematography Award, Blue Ocean Festival”, “Audience Award, UK Green Film Festival” and “Monterey Bay Film Festival”.
The End of Meat reveals the hidden impact of meat consumption; explores the opportunities and benefits of a shift to a more compassionate diet; and raises critical questions about the future role of animals in our society.
- In The End of Meat, filmmaker Marc Pierschel embarks on a journey to discover what effect a post-meat world would have on the environment, the animals and ourselves. He meets Esther the Wonder Pig, who became an internet phenomenon; talks to pioneers leading the vegan movement in Germany; visits the first fully vegetarian city in India; witnesses rescued farm animals enjoying their newfound freedom; observes the future food innovators making meat and cheese without the animals, even harvesting “bacon” from the ocean, and much more.
The Need to GROW delivers alarming evidence on the importance of healthy soil — revealing not only the potential of localized food production working with nature, but our opportunity as individuals to help regenerate our planet’s dying soils and participate in the restoration of the Earth.
Seeds & Plants
- The 10 Best Seed Companies for Heirloom and Non-GMO Seeds
- 131 Heirloom / non-GMO / Organic Seed Companies by Region
Regenerative agriculture focuses on rebuilding organic matter and living biodiversity in soil, which produces increasingly nutrient-dense food year after year — while rapidly sequestering excess atmospheric carbon underground to reverse climate change.
- Farmer’s Footprint
- 17 Organizations Promoting Regenerative Agriculture Around the Globe
- Search: Regenerative Agriculture
- Composting and Mulching – University of Georgia
- Composting Central – University of Illinois Extension
- Composting Step-by-Step with a Backporch Compost Tumbler
- The Urban Compost Tumbler
- This award-winning documentary investigates what experts label the most important political and environmental issue of the 21st Century: the world water crisis. Building a case against the growing privatization of the world’s dwindling fresh water supply, the director focuses on politics, pollution, human rights, and the emergence of a domineering world water cartel.
- Watch on Amazon Video
- Corporations are seeking to control and restrict our increasingly scarce and polluted water supplies. But we must treat water like the priceless resource it is—and as a human right.
- Is water a commercial good like Coca-Cola, or a human right like air?
- Featuring best-selling author, activist and public figure Maude Barlow and her crusade to have water declared a human right, protected from privatization, WATER ON THE TABLE explores Canada’s relationship to its freshwater, arguably its most precious natural resource. The film shadows Barlow over the course of a year as she leads an unrelenting schedule as the U.N. Senior Advisor on Water to Father Miguel d’Escoto Brockmann, President of the 63rd Session of the United Nations.
- Recycling Mystery: Milk and Juice Cartons (Earth911.com)
- You’re recycling your milk carton all wrong (BusinessInsider.com)
- Dirty Business: what really happens to your recycling (Sky News): Thousands of tons of plastic scrap collected for recycling from British households have been transported and dumped on sites across the world. We follow the trail of the UK’s plastic waste through the country and around the world. Can Britain cope as the largest importer of our recycling shuts the door?
- Lower East Side Ecology Center: The LES Ecology Center (Ecology Center) has pioneered community-based models in urban sustainability since 1987. We provide unique e-waste and composting services, environmental stewardship opportunities, and educational programming to all New Yorkers who want to learn about environmental issues and take responsibility for creating solutions through action.
- Earth Day Network Campaign: End Plastic Pollution: From poisoning and injuring marine life to disrupting human hormones, from littering our beaches and landscapes to clogging our waste streams and landfills, the exponential growth of plastics is now threatening the survival of our planet.
- No Plastic Waste: #NoPlasticWaste ~ The majority of the plastic we make, use and waste ends up in our environment causing harm to our ecosystems, and to ourselves. Every piece of plastic ever made still exists, in some form of waste, on this earth.
- Beyond Plastics: building a movement to end plastic pollution.
- ECOSmartPlastics – 100% BioDegradable Plastic Trash Bags
- Search: Compostable and Recyclable Trash Bags
- Skoy Cloth takes the place of your paper towels, sponges, rags, dishcloths, and at the end of their life, biodegradable.
Zero Waste / Low Waste
- Zero Waste Cartel ~ Shares knowledge and provides product options that help you cut down waste, enrich your home and provide you with that feeling of fulfillment.
- Closed Loop Cooking ~ Plant-based, low waste. Closed Loop Cooking is here to break down barriers around living and eating sustainably. This is for anyone who eats. Unnecessary food waste and excessive packaging perpetuates food injustice and is a serious threat to the environment. Plant-based recipes minimize waste and offer so much variety for endless meal combinations and scraps that are easier to compost. Even incorporating one or two plant-based meals per week in your diet makes a significant difference.
- Sierra Club Magazine
- Green America
- Sustainable Development Index (SDI) measures the ecological efficiency of human development, recognizing that development must be achieved within planetary boundaries. It was created to update the Human Development Index (HDI) for the ecological realities of the Anthropocene.
EMF (Electromagnetic Frequency), Electromagnetic Radiation, Emissions
Over exposure to electrical pollution or modern wireless devices, including cell phones, wireless internet, cordless phones, and baby monitors, which communicate using very high frequency radio waves known as microwaves, can cause radiofrequency sickness.
- EMF Help Center
- BIOINITIATIVE REPORT is a compilation of studies by 28 independent scientists and researchers exposing the harm of wireless technologies through rigidly conducted and peer-reviewed published studies, research and experiments. This is what you need when anyone asks you “WHERE’S THE SCIENCE?”
- Electromagnetic and Radiofrequency Fields Effect on Human Health (American Academy of Environmental Medicine (AAEM))
- Electrical Pollution