This page lists Web sites, documentaries, articles, and experts that cover the Environment, Oceans, Conservation, Farming, Gardening, and Climate Change.
- Climate Change / Climate Emergency
- Farming, Gardening
- Regenerative Agriculture
- Cleaning Products
- Zero Waste / Low Waste
- Renewable Energy
- EMF (Electromagnetic Frequency), Electromagnetic Radiation, Emissions
Climate Change / Climate Emergency
- How To END The Climate Crisis In One Generation | Paul Hawken on The Rich Roll Podcast
- Regeneration.org: The world’s largest, most complete listing and network of solutions to the climate crisis. And how to do them!
- 9 Ways Veganism Is Helping the Planet (globalcitizen.org)
- Meat And Agriculture Are Worse For The Climate Than Power Generation, Steven Chu Says by Jeff McMahon (Forbes.com)
- At What Point Should You Start Really Freaking Out About Climate Change? Right Now (Time.com)
- Why It’s Misleading To Say We Only Have 12 Years To Avert Dangerous Climate Change (Forbes.com)
- The Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change
- 350.org is building a global grassroots movement to fight climate change and win a just, #FossilFree future for all of us. #RiseForClimate
- This Changes Everything: Capitalism vs the Climate by Naomi Klein – review
- Chasing Ice is the story of one man’s mission to change the tide of history by gathering undeniable evidence of our changing planet.
- With a band of young adventurers in tow, Balog began deploying revolutionary time-lapse cameras across the brutal Arctic to capture a multi-year record of the world’s changing glaciers.
- The Extreme Ice Survey
- We are living in exceptional times. Scientists tell us that we have 10 years to change the way we live, to avert the depletion of natural resources and the catastrophic evolution of the Earth’s climate.
Cowspiracy: The Sustainability Secret
- This movie, backed by Leo DiCaprio, follows intrepid filmmaker Kip Andersen as he uncovers the most destructive industry facing the planet today – animal agriculture.
- The facts about the impact of animal agriculture on: Climate Change, Water Use, Deforestation, Waste, Species Extinction, Fisheries, Land Use.
- Watch on NetFlix: Cowspiracy
The End of Meat reveals the hidden impact of meat consumption; explores the opportunities and benefits of a shift to a more compassionate diet; and raises critical questions about the future role of animals in our society.
- In The End of Meat, filmmaker Marc Pierschel embarks on a journey to discover what effect a post-meat world would have on the environment, the animals and ourselves. He meets Esther the Wonder Pig, who became an internet phenomenon; talks to pioneers leading the vegan movement in Germany; visits the first fully vegetarian city in India; witnesses rescued farm animals enjoying their newfound freedom; observes the future food innovators making meat and cheese without the animals, even harvesting “bacon” from the ocean, and much more.
Seaspiracy is a 2021 documentary film about the environmental impact of fishing. The film examines various human impacts on marine life and advocates for ending fish consumption.
- Mission Blue inspires action to explore and protect the ocean. Led by legendary oceanographer Dr. Sylvia Earle, Mission Blue is uniting a global coalition to inspire an upwelling of public awareness, access and support for a worldwide network of marine protected areas – Hope Spots.
- Coral reefs around the world are vanishing at an unprecedented rate. A team of divers, photographers and scientists set out on a thrilling ocean adventure to discover why and to reveal the underwater mystery to the world.
- This elusive story may be out of sight and out of mind, but the solutions exist all around us. There’s an impact campaign to ensure the loss of our reefs does not go unnoticed and to support communities in using the film to grow these local solutions.
Planet Ocean is an international documentary directed by Yann Arthus-Bertrand and Michael Pitiot.
- Can we imagine a film that would change the way people look at the ocean? Can we explain simply, to everyone, the greatest natural mystery of our planet? And lastly, can we help our children believe in a better and more sustainable world tomorrow?
- It has won “Best Cinematography Award, Blue Ocean Festival”, “Audience Award, UK Green Film Festival” and “Monterey Bay Film Festival”.
Deforestation, clearance, clearcutting or clearing is the removal of a forest or stand of trees from land which is then converted to a non-forest use.
- I cannot believe that I have to debunk this by Earthling Ed: “I respond to the recent news about soya milk being worse for the environment than cow’s milk, and debunk this outrage misinformation. I also expose how high profile farmers are willing to publicly twist information in order to push their agenda of animal product consumption.”
The Need to GROW delivers alarming evidence on the importance of healthy soil — revealing not only the potential of localized food production working with nature, but our opportunity as individuals to help regenerate our planet’s dying soils and participate in the restoration of the Earth.
- Black Farmers to Support Instead of Whole Foods by DC Livers (BlackPressRadio.net)
- Liberation Farm is a space for Black culture to cultivate food and community on 17 acres of farmland woodland in Sullivan County, NY. Our space is Unapologetically Black. It means we focus on teaching and assisting Black descendants who are less than 2% of the farmers in the US. Liberation Farm is a 100% vegan space.
Seeds & Plants
- The 10 Best Seed Companies for Heirloom and Non-GMO Seeds
- 131 Heirloom / non-GMO / Organic Seed Companies by Region
- True Leaf Market Seed Company
- Gardyn’s Hybriponic technology grows all the fresh produce you can eat in 2 sq ft. Grows the same amount as a 1,300 sq ft outdoor garden.
- Ez Gro Garden – vertical container system designed for maximum growth results with minimal effort. Pretty much anything that you’d plant in a regular vegetable garden will thrive in the EzGro Garden – tomatoes, beans, eggplant, peppers, strawberries, and any herb you can think of, plus greens galore, all flowers.
- Garden Tower Project – The Garden Tower container gardening system makes it possible for home gardeners to create their own compost, practice vermiculture with their own worms, and reap the benefits of 50 plants in one barrel-shaped planter.
- Tower Garden – Using aeroponics—the same technology NASA uses—Tower Garden grows plants with only water and nutrients rather than dirt.
Regenerative agriculture focuses on rebuilding organic matter and living biodiversity in soil, which produces increasingly nutrient-dense food year after year — while rapidly sequestering excess atmospheric carbon underground to reverse climate change.
- Farmer’s Footprint
- 17 Organizations Promoting Regenerative Agriculture Around the Globe
- Search: Regenerative Agriculture
- Composting and Mulching – University of Georgia
- Composting Central – University of Illinois Extension
- Composting Step-by-Step with a Backporch Compost Tumbler
- The Urban Compost Tumbler
- This award-winning documentary investigates what experts label the most important political and environmental issue of the 21st Century: The world water crisis. Building a case against the growing privatization of the world’s dwindling fresh water supply, the director focuses on politics, pollution, human rights, and the emergence of a domineering world water cartel.
- Watch on Amazon Video
- Corporations are seeking to control and restrict our increasingly scarce and polluted water supplies. But we must treat water like the priceless resource it is—and as a human right.
- Is water a commercial good like Coca-Cola, or a human right like air?
- Featuring best-selling author, activist and public figure Maude Barlow and her crusade to have water declared a human right, protected from privatization, WATER ON THE TABLE explores Canada’s relationship to its freshwater, arguably its most precious natural resource. The film shadows Barlow over the course of a year as she leads an unrelenting schedule as the U.N. Senior Advisor on Water to Father Miguel d’Escoto Brockmann, President of the 63rd Session of the United Nations.
- Life Without Plastic: Stainless Steel Dispenser – 25 L / 6.6 gal.
- Mountain Valley Spring Water Home Delivery
- Recycling Mystery: Milk and Juice Cartons (Earth911.com)
- You’re recycling your milk carton all wrong (BusinessInsider.com)
- Dirty Business: what really happens to your recycling (Sky News): Thousands of tons of plastic scrap collected for recycling from British households have been transported and dumped on sites across the world. We follow the trail of the UK’s plastic waste through the country and around the world. Can Britain cope as the largest importer of our recycling shuts the door?
- Lower East Side Ecology Center: The LES Ecology Center (Ecology Center) has pioneered community-based models in urban sustainability since 1987. We provide unique e-waste and composting services, environmental stewardship opportunities, and educational programming to all New Yorkers who want to learn about environmental issues and take responsibility for creating solutions through action.
- Nurdles: the worst toxic waste you’ve probably never heard of. Billions of these tiny plastic pellets are floating in the ocean, causing as much damage as oil spills, yet they are still not classified as hazardous.
- Earth Day Network Campaign: End Plastic Pollution: From poisoning and injuring marine life to disrupting human hormones, from littering our beaches and landscapes to clogging our waste streams and landfills, the exponential growth of plastics is now threatening the survival of our planet.
- No Plastic Waste: #NoPlasticWaste ~ The majority of the plastic we make, use and waste ends up in our environment causing harm to our ecosystems, and to ourselves. Every piece of plastic ever made still exists, in some form of waste, on this earth.
- Beyond Plastics: building a movement to end plastic pollution.
- Cora Microfiber Laundry Ball – Protect the ocean and your clothes with this easy-to-use laundry ball that prevents and catches microfibers shedding off our clothes in the washer.
- Best Biodegradable Trash Bags
- ECOSmartPlastics – 100% BioDegradable Plastic Trash Bags
- Search: Compostable and Recyclable Trash Bags
- ByBlocks – Environmentally friendly process uses steam and compression to convert all types of plastic waste into an advanced, zero-waste building material.
- No glues or adhesives required means you save time with quicker installation
- 83% less CO2 emissions than concrete blocks
- Won’t crack or crumble like standard concrete blocks
- Zero waste process – 1 ton of plastic makes 1 ton of ByBlock
- No specialized labor required
- Skoy Cloth takes the place of your paper towels, sponges, rags, dishcloths, and at the end of their life, biodegradable.
Zero Waste / Low Waste
- Zero Waste Cartel ~ Shares knowledge and provides product options that help you cut down waste, enrich your home and provide you with that feeling of fulfillment.
- Closed Loop Cooking ~ Plant-based, low waste. Closed Loop Cooking is here to break down barriers around living and eating sustainably. This is for anyone who eats. Unnecessary food waste and excessive packaging perpetuates food injustice and is a serious threat to the environment. Plant-based recipes minimize waste and offer so much variety for endless meal combinations and scraps that are easier to compost. Even incorporating one or two plant-based meals per week in your diet makes a significant difference.
- Ez Gro Tri-Helix Solar Windmill – The technology incorporates BOTH solar and wind energy into a hybrid technology known as a Solar Windmill. This innovative product consists of solar panels mounted atop three rotating wind turbines. Together, the three turbines are known as the “Tri-Helix;” they resemble twisting DNA strands. This technology allows for the integration of solar and wind energy into a much more efficient sustainable energy system. The compact, low profile design means that the Solar Windmill has the most dense energy-generation capability of any renewable energy product on the market.
- Sierra Club Magazine
- Green America
- Sustainable Development Index (SDI) measures the ecological efficiency of human development, recognizing that development must be achieved within planetary boundaries. It was created to update the Human Development Index (HDI) for the ecological realities of the Anthropocene.
EMF (Electromagnetic Frequency), Electromagnetic Radiation, Emissions
Over exposure to electrical pollution or modern wireless devices, including cell phones, wireless internet, cordless phones, and baby monitors, which communicate using very high frequency radio waves known as microwaves, can cause radiofrequency sickness.
- EMF Help Center
- BIOINITIATIVE REPORT is a compilation of studies by 28 independent scientists and researchers exposing the harm of wireless technologies through rigidly conducted and peer-reviewed published studies, research and experiments. This is what you need when anyone asks you “WHERE’S THE SCIENCE?”
- Electromagnetic and Radiofrequency Fields Effect on Human Health (American Academy of Environmental Medicine (AAEM))
- Electrical Pollution