A screen capture or screen grab, also know as a screen shot or print screen, is a digital image which recording of the contents of a computer screen, tablet, or phone display.
When you need to capture a window, rectangular area, or free-form area of a screen or window, and annotate it, these utilities will fit the bill.
Greenshot is a light-weight screenshot software tool for Windows and macOS with the following key features:
- Quickly create screenshots of a selected region, window or fullscreen.
- Easily annotate, highlight or obfuscate parts of the screenshot.
- Export the screenshot in various ways: save to file, send to printer, copy to clipboard, attach to e-mail, send Office programs or upload to photo sites like Flickr or Picasa, and others.
- Greenshot has more features and flexibility than Snip & Sketch.
- Keyboard shortcuts: PrtScn screen selection, Alt PrtScr capture the active window.
Recommended Settings for Greenshot
- Capture tab: Enable – Editor: Match capture size
- Destination tab: Disable “Select destination dynamically” and choose “Open in image editor.
Snip & Sketch
Snip & Sketch, which replaces the Snipping Tool on Windows, can capture a screen shot, or snip, of any object on your screen, and then annotate, save, or share the image.
- Keyboard shortcut: Windows Logo Key + Shift + S
Snipping Tool Missing?
Snipping Tool is part of Tablet Tools. To enable Snipping Tools go to: Control Panel > Program and Features > Turn Windows Features on or off. Then turn on Tablet Tools.