Application: Samsung Smart Switch v4.1.16102.12
OS: Windows 10 Professional (64-bit) v1607
- Installing Smart Switch under a Standard user account completes without any errors. But, when you check Information > Smart Switch Information, the version number is still the old version.
- During installation, UAC (User Access Control) does prompt for an Administrator password.
- Installing Smart Switch while logged in as an Administrator does not fix the problem for the Standard user account.
- Smart Switch will show the updated version number while logged in as an Administrator, but shows the old version when logged in as the Standard user.
- Log into Windows as the Standard user that needs to run Smart Switch.
- Temporarily elevate the Standard user to an Administrator.
Control Panel\User Accounts and Family Safety\User Accounts > Manage Another Account
Change account type from Standard to Administrator
- Install Smart Switch. When you see the UAC prompt, enter the password for the current user that was temporarily elevated to admin.
- Run Smart Switch and check the version to verify that the newer version installed correctly.
- Demote the user back to a Standard user.
(Change the account type from Administrator back to Standard.)
- Run Smart Switch again to verify that it’s working as a Standard user, and the version was updated.
Last Updated on by