Despite widespread condemnation of the practice, performing pelvic exams on unconscious women for medical training, without explicit consent, is legal in 45 states.
Please alert your people to this issue.
- Medical Students Practice Pelvic Exams on Anesthetized Women Without Their Consent (NutritionFacts.org)
- Why Are Pelvic Exams on Unconscious, Unconsenting Women Still Part of Medical Training? (slate.com)
- Pelvic Exams On Anesthetized Women Without Consent: A Troubling And Outdated Practice (Forbes.com)
- Med Students Are Doing Vaginal Exams on Unconscious, Non-Consenting Patients (Vice.com)
- New bills would ban pelvic exams without consent (politico.com)
- Is Performing Pelvic Exams on Unconscious Women Without Informed Consent Legal? (snopes.com)
- Doctors Regularly Give Anesthetized Patients Non-Consensual Pelvic Exams—And This Needs To Stop (bust.com)
- Search: Med Students Examine Women Without Consent (StartPage.com)