Motorcycle gymkhana is a motorcycle time trial sport in which riders compete to maneuver in the shortest time through a paved course restricted by traffic cones or other obstacles. The course is made up of various obstacles that you need to navigate through which generally test your ability to maneuver your bike in low speeds in tight turns. Those obstacles can include 360 circles (both inside and outside a marked circular boundary), figure 8’s, slaloms, chicanes and various tight corners that really require you to ride at slow speed while balancing the bike.
- M Gymkhana World Competition (WC)
- An Introduction to Motorcycle Gymkhana (TheRideAdvice.com) (YouTube)
- 2016 11 6 Try Gymkhana Ohkoshi 選手 GSX-R750 h 1 & h 2
- 2014 9 21 Dunlop Moto Gymkhana Tabibito ?? ZX-10R heat 1
- 2016 5 15 Ehime Dunlop Moto Gymkhana N 77 選手 Z1000 heat 1
- Moto Gymkhana Regulations – 2014
Motorcycle Road Racing
Motorcycle road racing features contests of speed on closed, paved courses. Riders compete on a range of bike styles, from nearly stock street-legal sport bikes modified to be safe for competition to purpose-built road race machines.
- The AMA (American Motorcyclist Association) has been sanctioning and promoting motorcycle racing since the association was created in 1924.
- WERA Motorcycle Roadracing, Inc is one of the oldest and largest national sanctioning bodies conducting motorcycle races at road courses across the United States.
- MotoAmerica is a professional motorcycle racing series sanctioned by the AMA and FIM.
- MotoGP Grand Prix motorcycle racing refers to the premier class of motorcycle racing events held on road circuits sanctioned by FIM.