- DxOMark: Independent source for image quality benchmarks for phones and camera.
- Sony α7 III (ILCE-7M3) Full-Frame Mirror-less Interchangeable Lens Digital Camera.
Back Button Autofocus (BBF)
Copyright for Photographers
News, Reviews, Interviews, Articles, Photos
- The Phoblographer: The Psychology of Creative Photography
- Digital Photography Review : Photography news, reviews, tutorials, etc.
- Fstoppers : Photography news, reviews, tutorials, etc.
- Digital Camera World
- DIY Photography (or DIYP for short) started in 2006 as a place for gear lusting photographers (hence the name), it has quickly evolved into a place of inspiration, education, gear chat and a place for photographers to hang out.
- PetaPixel: Photography & camera, news, reviews, and inspiration.
- 17 Best Podcasts for Photographers (https://blog.photoshelter.com)
- 10 Frames Per Second: A podcast about photojournalism, with photojournalists, for everyone. You can also listen on Sun. 11am-12pm on WLOY radio.
- Alpha Universe
Photo Editing & Asset Management
Photopea: Online Image Editor
- Free online design editor supporting PSD, XCF, Sketch, XD and CDR formats. (Adobe Photoshop, GIMP, Sketch App, Adobe XD, and CorelDRAW)
- Create a new image or open existing files from your computer.
- SAve your work as PSD or as JPG/PNG;SVG.
- Darktable is an open source photography workflow application and raw developer. A virtual lighttable and darkroom for photographers. It manages your digital negatives in a database, lets you view them through a zoomable lighttable and enables you to develop raw images and enhance them.
- Free Lightroom Alternative: Darktable Review by GDquest
- Used to decode and read “Image Count” on Sony A7 III
- Download the Windows
- Add the EXE to the Desktop
- Copy an image to the Desktop
- Drag the image on top of
exiftool.exe to have the image open with exiftool
- In the windows that opens,
scroll down to “Image Count”
Picture Information Extractor (PIE)
- Picture Information Extractor (PIE) is an unique picture browser and viewer with photo metadata and file renaming features.
- It extracts EXIF, XMP and IPTC from JPG, TIF and RAW files.
- Reads the EXIF Makernote block, which is proprietary and can usually only be read with special software from the camera maker. It contains information such as program mode, white balance settings or lens data
- Note: Doesn’t work for reading “Image Count” for Sony A7 III, as the value displayed is always zero.
- Sony SD Scan Utility helps you check the condition of your SD memory card. By scanning the flash memory, it tells you whether your SD memory card is working in good condition or is about to reach the limit.
- Recuva can recover pictures, music, documents, videos, e-mails or any other file type you’ve lost. And it can recover from any rewriteable media you have: memory cards, external hard drives, USB Flash drives, etc.
- Sony RAW Driver is a program to display Sony RAW data* (ARW/SR2/SRF files) on Windows 7 ⁄ 8.1 ⁄ 10.
- By installing this program, you can display the RAW data on Explorer or Photo Gallery in Windows in the same way as JPEG files.
- Images may look rough when enlarged on Photo Gallery, but they can be displayed properly on the supplied software or other supported software.
- A remote shooting application that lets you perform shooting operations while checking the images in Live View on the large screen of a computer. (i.e. Tethered Shooting)
- Application enables viewing images in list display, to select and add ratings.
- RAW development application achieves high quality developed image.
Accessories, Peripherals (also see: Lighting)
- BorrowLenses.com : Rent professional cameras or camera lenses for Sony, Nikon, Sony, Olympus, Leica, and Pentax