Watch documentaries to gain insight.
Use the HappyCow App to find vegan/vegetarian restaurants and markets near your current location.
Mya’s Vegan Transition Guide: Mya shares the lifestyle tips and information that has helped her combat depression, anxiety, fluctuating weight, stress, fatigue, skin breakouts, mental fog, and even self doubt.
- How to Make Disease Disappear by Dr. Rangan Chatterjee
- A much-needed accessible plan to prevent and reverse disease, and discover a path to sustainable, long-term health from an acclaimed international doctor and star of the BBC program Doctor in the House.
- Listen to: Rangan Chatterjee, MD on How to Make Disease Disappear (Interiew with Rich Roll)
- 10 Takeaways from Dr. Rangan Chatterjee’s Interview for Broken Brain
- Rangan Chatterjee: How to Make Diseases Disappear at TEDxLiverpool (Transcript)
- Doctor In The House | Only Human (EP01, S01)
- How Not to Die: Discover the Foods Scientifically Proven to Prevent and Reverse Disease
- African American Vegan Starter Guide (free hardcopies and PDF)
- 40+ vegan resources to jumpstart your veg lifestyle (CadrysKitchen.com)
- Ten Vegan Meals You Already Know How to Make (CadrysKitchen.com)
- The Beginner’s Guide to Going Vegan Without Going Crazy (The Dr. Oz Show 2017-01-26)
- How Do I Go Vegan?
- Complete Guide To Vegan Food by The Vegan Activist
- Vegetarian Starter Kit
- 101 Reasons to Go Vegan by James Wildman (arff.org)
- Why Vegan? by Gary Yourofsky
- To Sam Harris (& all new vegans): Vegan Nutrition Basics by Unnatural Vegan
- Idiot Proofing Veganism by Sam Harris – TheVeganAtheist
- The Ultimate Vegan Guide: Compassionate Living Without Sacrifice by Vegan.com
- 7 films that will explain to everyone why people go vegan
- 10 Must-See Veggie Movies
- Ordinary Vegan by Nancy Montuori:
- How to Go Vegan and Still Get All Your Nutrients: Yes, it is possible to get everything you need with a purely plant-based diet.
- How to Adopt A Plant-Based Diet and Succeed
- This Is Why You Should Never Be Ashamed About Being Vegan
- Shopping Guide to the Best Vegan Food, Clothing, Body Care and Cosmetics [Adaptt.org]
- This Pediatrician Shows You How to Raise Children Vegan
- 101 Leading Sites for Healthy Vegan Eating
- Resources for Plant-Based Nutrition: Learn about a whole food, plant-based dietary lifestyle. Best-in-class tools and resources.
- Vegan: Everyday Stories is a feature-length documentary that explores the lives of four remarkably different people who share a common thread – they’re all vegan.
- Take the next step
- Eric Adams, the elected leader of New York City’s largest borough, had diabetes that was so severe that he was losing his eyesight as well as the feeling in his legs. Adams learned about and adopted a whole-food, plant-based diet—and soon afterwards, his condition and all accompanying symptoms were completely reversed. He has now made it his mission to promote plant-based eating as a powerful way to improve health and well-being throughout his community.
- “The Book That Saved My Life” – Eric Adams, Brooklyn Borough President
- Watch how Brooklyn Borough President Eric Adams turned his health around after a devastating diagnosis.
- Moby on Veganism at Little Pine (The Vegan Zombie)
- Why I’m Vegan [+ how you can be too] by Kalel
- Why I’m a Vegan (Mayim Bialik)
- Venus Williams Opens Up About Going Vegan to Fight Her Autoimmune Disease
- SabrinaSith Q&A: Sabrina has been vegan for over 10 years, and answers questions about her vegan journey, sent to her via Instagram & Facebook.
- Plant Powered Sistas was founded to create a platform that celebrates women of color who are Vegan, Vegetarian, or Plantbased.
- Dr. Rajiv Misquitta relates his personal story of experiencing a heart attack, which inspired him to change his diet and lifestyle. He describes why he adopted a low fat, plant-based diet to reduce heart disease, lose weight, and preserve the environment.
- Health Benefits of Plant Based Eating | FOX40: Mellisa Paul talks with Dr. Rajiv Misquitta to learn how a plant-based diet can help reduce the risk of heart disease.
- Benefits of a plant-based diet | ABC10: Mellisa Paul talks with Dr. Rajiv Misquitta to learn how a plant-based diet can help reduce the risk of heart disease.
- Healthy Heart, Healthy Planet
- How I Overcame Crippling Arthritis and Returned to Elite-Level Fitness By Jon Hinds
- Russell Simmons shows Al Roker the perks of a vegan lifestyle
Plant-based / Vegan Communities and Social Media Groups
- Philosophical Vegan Forum: Vegans vegetarians veg-curious and meat eaters are invited for rational debate & discussion on veganism health ecology animal ethics & philosophy.