- What’s the Difference Between Tofu, Tempeh, and Seitan? (ChooseVeg.com)
- Is Seitan Healthy? The Pros, Cons + Alternatives By Annie Price
- Vegan Cheese Recipe by Simple Vegan
- Vegan Cheddar Cheese Recipe by Loving It Vegan
- Everything You Need to Know About Vegan Cheese (peta.org)
- A Guide to Vegan Cheese: What’s the Best Dairy-Free Option? (HealthLine.com)
- We Tried 19 Vegan Cheeses—Here Are the Ones Worth Buying (CookingLight.com)
- Very Vegan Recipes: Vegan Product Reviews: Unbiased reviews of vegan food, products and books.
Vegan / Lactose-free Baby Formula
- Vegan Baby Formula & Where To Get It (RaiseVegan.com)
Premiriz Infant Formula is Soy Free
- 100% vegan baby formula and infant and toddler nutrition.
- 100% natural, non-soy, non-dairy, non-GMO and meets the gold standard of breast milk nutritional values.
- Made of a patented blend of almonds and buckwheat.
- In the U.S., Else’s formula is expected to become available in the second quarter of 2020.
Earth’s Best Organic Soy Infant Formula
- Carrageenan is used to emulsify and thicken drinks and foods and can often be added to oat milks and nut milks. Carrageenan is also common in vegetarian and vegan products – used in place of gelatin. Carrageenan is a natural additive which comes from red seaweed.
- Debate around the safety of carrageenan has been ongoing since the 1960s, as some evidence has shown links with digestive system impairment in the form of bloating, irritable bowel syndrome (IBS) and food allergies. Carrageenan has also been linked to inflammation which contributes to a number of disorders such as arthritis and inflammatory bowel disease (IBD).
- Carrageenan should be food-grade but carrageenan which has degraded becomes carcinogenic. Degraded carrageenan is not approved to use in food but testing of food-grade carrageenan has found a percentage of the samples to be degraded carrageenan. [Ref: Carrageenan in Oak Milk]