This page lists Web sites, documentaries, articles, and experts that cover the Environment, Oceans, Conservation, Farming, Gardening, and Climate Change.
Climate Change / Climate Emergency
- Meat And Agriculture Are Worse For The Climate Than Power Generation, Steven Chu Says by Jeff McMahon (Forbes.com)
- At What Point Should You Start Really Freaking Out About Climate Change? Right Now (Time.com)
- Why It’s Misleading To Say We Only Have 12 Years To Avert Dangerous Climate Change (Forbes.com)
- The Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change
- 350.org is building a global grassroots movement to fight climate change and win a just, #FossilFree future for all of us. #RiseForClimate
- Chasing Ice is the story of one man’s mission to change the tide of history by gathering undeniable evidence of our changing planet.
- With a band of young adventurers in tow, Balog began deploying revolutionary time-lapse cameras across the brutal Arctic to capture a multi-year record of the world’s changing glaciers.
- The Extreme Ice Survey
- Coral reefs around the world are vanishing at an unprecedented rate. A team of divers, photographers and scientists set out on a thrilling ocean adventure to discover why and to reveal the underwater mystery to the world.
- This elusive story may be out of sight and out of mind, but the solutions exist all around us. There’s an impact campaign to ensure the loss of our reefs does not go unnoticed and to support communities in using the film to grow these local solutions.
- We are living in exceptional times. Scientists tell us that we have 10 years to change the way we live, to avert the depletion of natural resources and the catastrophic evolution of the Earth’s climate.
Cowspiracy: The Sustainability Secret
- This movie, backed by Leo DiCaprio, follows intrepid filmmaker Kip Andersen as he uncovers the most destructive industry facing the planet today – animal agriculture.
- The facts about the impact of animal agriculture on: Climate Change, Water Use, Deforestation, Waste, Species Extinction, Fisheries, Land Use.
- Watch on NetFlix: Cowspiracy
Planet Ocean is an international documentary directed by Yann Arthus-Bertrand and Michael Pitiot.
- Can we imagine a film that would change the way people look at the ocean? Can we explain simply, to everyone, the greatest natural mystery of our planet? And lastly, can we help our children believe in a better and more sustainable world tomorrow?
- It has won “Best Cinematography Award, Blue Ocean Festival”, “Audience Award, UK Green Film Festival” and “Monterey Bay Film Festival”.
The End of Meat reveals the hidden impact of meat consumption; explores the opportunities and benefits of a shift to a more compassionate diet; and raises critical questions about the future role of animals in our society.
- In The End of Meat, filmmaker Marc Pierschel embarks on a journey to discover what effect a post-meat world would have on the environment, the animals and ourselves. He meets Esther the Wonder Pig, who became an internet phenomenon; talks to pioneers leading the vegan movement in Germany; visits the first fully vegetarian city in India; witnesses rescued farm animals enjoying their newfound freedom; observes the future food innovators making meat and cheese without the animals, even harvesting “bacon” from the ocean, and much more.
The Need to GROW delivers alarming evidence on the importance of healthy soil — revealing not only the potential of localized food production working with nature, but our opportunity as individuals to help regenerate our planet’s dying soils and participate in the restoration of the Earth.
Earth Day Network Campaign: End Plastic Pollution: From poisoning and injuring marine life to disrupting human hormones, from littering our beaches and landscapes to clogging our waste streams and landfills, the exponential growth of plastics is now threatening the survival of our planet.
- Recycling Mystery: Milk and Juice Cartons (Earth911.com)
- You’re recycling your milk carton all wrong (BusinessInsider.com)
- Dirty Business: what really happens to your recycling (Sky News): Thousands of tons of plastic scrap collected for recycling from British households have been transported and dumped on sites across the world. We follow the trail of the UK’s plastic waste through the country and around the world. Can Britain cope as the largest importer of our recycling shuts the door?