Skip to content
Study for the Final Exam
News and Tools
Quiz 5 – Fix Me Challenge!
- Hands-on Troubleshooting.
- You’ll be given a simulation file, with problems.
- Your task will be to find and fix the errors in the configuration.
- Boot into our server partition
- Load Packet Tracer.
- If it’s not v7.2 or newer, then download and install the current version.
- If you don’t know why you’re setting or changing a parameter, then you should not change it. Don’t guess.
- Do not remove OSPF from any of the routers!
- You may need to remove/change/add network(s) from/to OSPF.
- You must manually remove incorrect networks from the routing protocol, before adding the correct networks.
- Do not change the Router ID in OSPF on any of the routers!
- Verify that all the subnet masks, and OSPF wildcard masks are correct.
- Verify that all IP addresses and all network addresses are correct.
- If a DHCP client/host is not pulling updated settings from the DHCP server, use the ipconfig /renew command on that host.
- You must set the clock rate to 9600 on the DCE interfaces.
- But fix any routing protocol issues first.
- Refer often to the network diagram to compare to the simulation.
- Use the help built-in to Cisco IOS. e.g. show ?
- If you modify anything outside of what is expected in the simulation, you’ll never get to 100%.
Read / Do