News & Tools
A flight of new research papers show 4G LTE networks can be exploited for all sorts of badness.
Privacy win for encrypted messaging app.
- As the documents show, the government’s effort did not amount to much—not because OWS refused to comply with the government’s subpoena (it complied), but because the company simply does not keep the kinds of information about their customers that the government sought (and that too many technology companies continue to amass).
- All OWS was able to provide were the dates and times for when the account was created and when it last connected to Signal’s servers.
- Memcached is a general-purpose distributed memory caching system. It is often used to speed up dynamic database-driven websites by caching data and objects in RAM to reduce the number of times an external data source must be read.
- Memcached DDoS: This ‘kill switch’ can stop attacks dead in their tracks Researchers find a technique to contain the memcached amplification attacks seen over the past week.
- Microsoft has blocked a malware outbreak that could have earned big bucks for one criminal group.
Assignment #4 debriefing
Quiz #1 Debriefing
Assignment #5, Due Tues. 10/9/2018
- VLSM Problem 38, Parts 1 through 4 on the handout received in class today.
- Make sure to write as neat as possible so that I can read your answers.
- Do your calculations/work/notes on a copy or separate paper, then neatly copy your answers to the assignment handout.
- Enter your answers in pencil, in case you have to make changes.
- If you insist on using a pen, and you have to make changes, use whiteout instead of crossing out and making a mess.
- No late assignments will be accepted