|Application:||Samsung Kies 3 (v3.2.15024.8)|
|OS:||Microsoft Windows 8.1 Professional (64-bit)|
|Device:||Microsoft Surface Pro 2|
Installing Samsung Kies 3 under a Standard user account completes without any errors. But, when you check Information > Kies Information, the version number is still the old version.
During installation, UAC (User Access Control) does prompt for an Administrator password.
Installing Kies 3 while logged in as an Administrator does not fix the problem for the Standard user.
Kies 3 will show the updated version number while logged in as an Administrator, but shows the old version when logged in as the Standard user.
Resolution / Fix:
- Log into Windows as the Standard user that needs to run Kies 3.
- Temporarily elevate the Standard user to an Administrator.
Control Panel\User Accounts and Family Safety\User Accounts > Manage Another Account
Change account type from Standard to Administrator
- Install Kies 3.
- When UAC prompts, enter the password for the current user.
- Run Kies 3 and check the version to verify that the newer version installed correctly.
- Demote the user back to a Standard user.
(Change the account type from Administrator back to Standard.)