How to Add Camera Shortcut to Lock Screen on Samsung Galaxy S5
Adding the camera shortcut to the lock screen lets you open the camera app and take photos and videos without unlocking your device. On the Samsung Galaxy S5 do the following to add the camera shortcut to the lock screen:
- Open the Settings application
- Under Sound & Display: Open the “Lock screen” settings
- Under “Secured with…” enable the “Camera Shortcut” option
- Go to the lock screen and you should see the Camera shortcut on the bottom right of the screen or just above the keyboard.
- Hold your finger on the camera icon and swipe in any direction past the outer circle to launch the Camera application.
- Note that, although you are bypassing the lock screen, you won’t be able to access previous photos and videos in your Gallery.
- Note that, since you are bypassing the lock screen, some camera options like camera modes are disabled.